One of Kauai's most popular events is the annual Kauai County Farm Bureau Fair. It returns to Vidinha Stadium in Lihue between August 25 through 28, 2011.
Partake in four days of food, farming and great entertainment. Bring a healthy appetite and get ready for lots of exciting activities. Here's just a small sampling of the fun stuff you can enjoy:
- Honey tasting . . Kauai shrimp sampling . . . poi and taro tasting.
- Petting zoo - fun for the keiki.
- Hula contest featuring Ka Lei Mokhano Leina`ala.
- Keiki talent show.
- Live musical entertainment.
- Livestock shows - beef steer, hogs, lambs and goats
- Tropical flower design and orchid show.
- Carnival rides - from the Century Wheel to the Zipper.
- Plenty of ono food - malasadas . . . lau lau . . . kalua pig . . . mochi and more. You won't go home hungry!
The fair opens on Thursday, August 25th at 6pm. For more details about hours and events taking place, visit their web site at http://kauaifarmfair.org
Whether you're staying at our Kauai resort accommodations or elsewhere on Kauai, take a trip to the Kauai County Farm Bureau Fair - the largest annual event on Kauai - and enjoy. A good time will be had by all.