Our Commitment to Clean
Our team is committed to providing every guest with the peace of mind to relax and enjoy their time with us. You will be welcomed by a team of individuals that have been fully trained on the importance of upholding the highest level of sanitation standards and the sensitivity of the current circumstance which we are in.
What you can expect:
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (PPE)
- Individual Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) kits will be available upon request, containing disposable sanitizing wipes, gloves, disposable masks, and personal hand sanitizer.
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be worn by all team members based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Gloves will be provided to team members whose responsibilities require them as determined by medical experts and CDC guidelines including housekeeping, engineering, and any major operating departments in direct contact with guests.
SOCIAL AND PHYSICAL DISTANCING
Social and physical distancing, one of the most effective tools used to control and reduce the spread of Coronavirus, is being taken very seriously at Hanalei Colony Resort.
- Seating in all public areas is positioned at least six feet apart.
- We recommend that all guests do their part and strive to maintain at least six feet between themselves and others.
- Social distancing is practiced by all team members on property and the health of each individual is being closely monitored.
- All property outlets will comply with, or exceed, local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Stairwells and alternatives to elevators are clearly marked and open for guest use.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, will be placed at all guest and team member entrances and contact areas such as driveways, reception areas, hotel lobby, restaurant/secondary entrances, etc…
TEAM MEMBER & GUEST HEALTH CONCERNS
- Our team members have been given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to local health officials.
- Team members are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are trained on how to handle encountering guests or associates exhibiting any of the symptoms of COVID-19.
- If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the property, we will work with the Public Health Officials to follow the appropriate actions recommended.
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
Hanalei Colony Resort has always placed a strong emphasis on the cleanliness, safety, and comfort of our property. We use cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria and other airborne pathogens. We are working with our vendors, distribution partners and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of these cleaning supplies and the necessary PPE. The items below are enhancements to our current cleanliness standards:
- High touch areas, such as, but not limited to doors, door handles, handrails, public phones, furniture in public spaces, remote controls, signature pads, credit card readers, and drinking stations are cleaned and sanitized on a frequent and routine basis.
- Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on property.
- High traffic areas, such as but not limited to entryways, hallways, and stairwells are cleaned and sanitized routinely rather than late at night when there are no guests around.
- Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency. Flushers, locks, walls, toilet seats, dispensing stations, sinks, faucets, and doors are disinfected during each service.
- All reception areas (front desk, host stand, spa desk, etc.) are wiped down between every guest interaction with assistance of agent/host.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be strategically placed throughout the property. Supply levels are checked by staff on a routine basis
At this time, we are following state restrictions and will not be offering any spa services.
Daily Housekeeping Service
Enhanced Check-Out Cleaning Process
- As an additional precautionary measure, there will be no daily in-room housekeeping services during your stay. Additional services may be requested and coordinated with our team members upon check-in.
- Special requests for additional toiletries are available via a no-touch basket delivery service. Delivery time may also be specified.
- Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure.
- Our housekeeping departments will leverage partnerships with our vendors on best cleaning practices, tools, and supplies.
- Used linen is folded and bagged in each guest room (staff never shakes towels or sheets in the room as this practice releases particles into the air).
- Ecolab Peroxide Multi-Surface Cleaner Chemical is utilized for sanitation on all hard / non-porous surfaces.
Increased attention to thorough vacuuming of rugs and sanitation of floors, including low-traffic and hard-to-reach surfaces.
Currently, our restaurant Opakapaka, is only offering to-go menu items. Hotel guests are able to pick up their order and find a comfortable lounge area on property to enjoy their meal. If you are not a hotel guest, we ask that you pick up your meal and head home safely to ensure we are compliant with local and state mandated occupancy limits. Seating in all public areas is positioned at least six feet apart for the safety of our team members and guests. All seating options will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure. Items on our to-go menu are subject to change, due to availability of products and goods. For more information, please call (808) 378-4425.
The Na Pali Art Gallery & Coffee House currently remains closed.
For our guests’ safety, we have eliminated a portion of the touchpoints in the guest room. Some examples are as follows:
Touchpoints – The following touchpoints will be routinely sanitized:
- Pen and notepad
- Do Not Disturb signs
- Water Bottles
- All doors (handles, locks, latches, and surfaces)
- All windows & latches
- Light switches and ceiling fan controls
- Power outlets
- Countertops and tables
- Decorative items
- Stairwell railings
- Remote controls
- Luggage carts
- Closet rods & clothes hangers
- Desks – exterior and interior surfaces
- Waste basket exteriors and interiors
- Ice bucket exteriors and interiors
- Picture frames
- Outdoor balcony railings
- Outdoor furniture
- Furniture with non-porous surfaces
- Showers and bathtubs
- Sinks and faucets
- Irons and ironing boards
- Hair dryers and bags
- Luggage racks
- Mirrors and vanities
- Soap dishes
- Tissue box
- All linen and terry replaced in guest rooms regardless of use
- Shampoo bottle
- Conditioner bottle
- Body wash bottle
- Rubber mat
- Any other non-porous hard surfaces not mentioned in this list
- Coffee maker
- Coffee maker tray
- Coasters replaced regardless of use
- All glassware in guest rooms replaces regardless of use
- Curtains and drapes
PUBLIC AREA TOUCHPOINTS
- Entry / exit doors
- Reception areas (Front Desk, Host Stand, etc.)
- Credit card readers
- Pens and pencils
- Signature pads
- Seating in lobby and reception areas
- Drink stations
- Food pick-up areas
- Outdoor recreational furniture
- Restaurant tables
- Guest room keys
- Board games